The ISO 9001 Quality Management System is the world’s most popular quality improvement standard, with over one million certified organisations in 180 countries around the globe. It is the only standard in the 9000 family of standards published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that can be used for the purpose of conformity assessment. ISO 9001 also serves as the basis for many other important sector-specific standards, including ISO 13485 medical devices), ISO/TS 16949 (automotive) and AS/EN 9100 (aerospace), as well as widely used management system standards such as OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
Facilitating evolving market demands, the quality management system ISO 9001 was revised in 2015. Organisations that are currently certified to ISO 9001:2008 need to complete the transition to the revised standard by September 15, 2018. Click here to find out more about the impact of the ISO 9001 revision on your business and how you can prepare.
ISO 9001 certification demonstrates your organisation’s ability to consistently meet and exceed customer expectations. For this reason, many buyers require suppliers to be ISO 9001 certified to minimise their risk of purchasing a poor product or service. A business that achieves ISO 9001 certification will be able to attain significant improvements in organisational efficiency and product quality by minimising waste and errors, and increasing productivity.
TÜV SÜD employs some of the world’s leading experts in quality management systems and can conduct gap analyses and preliminary audits to help determine your organisation’s readiness for ISO 9001 certification.
SIX STEPS TO CERTIFICATION
1. Complete a simple profiling form and we customize a quote detailing the cost, planning and time required.
2. Our pre-audit team determines if your organization already fulfils ISO 9001 requirements and identifies areas for improvement.
3. TÜV SÜD auditors visit your site to verify the profile submitted during your application and determine your readiness for Stage 2.
4. On-site audit by TÜV SÜD auditors.
5. Propose and implement corrective actions, if any.
6. Receive your audit report and certificate after approval from the committee with annual surveillance audits conducted thereafter.
TÜV SÜD is a global leader in management systems solutions, having issued more than 54,000 management systems certifications to date. Our dedicated and experienced auditors across the globe can speak your language and help you explore the possibility of integrating your ISO 9001 certification initiative with other management systems. We can also act as a one-stop provider for all your quality certification needs by offering bundled product testing and certification services. With the TÜV SÜD certification mark, you demonstrate your commitment to delivering quality products and services.