The KC Mark signifies compliance with Korea’s product safety requirements for automotive components. Korea initially adopted type approval system before 2003 and changed the certification process to self-certification system. Korean government has strengthened regulations to secure product safety of automotive components from 2011. KC Mark is designed to ensure the sufficient quality of aftermarket parts.
Components subjected for KC-Mark (Since Jan. 8th, 2018)
- Brake hose
- Rear reflector plate
- Seat belt
- Rear reflector sheet
- Rear reflector
- Brake lining
- Lighting (front)
- Rear safety guard
- Reflecting band
- Safety tripod
- Rear reflector for low speed vehicle
Relevant Korean Authorities:
- KOTSA (Korea Transportation Safety Authority) (http://www.ts2020.kr/main.do)
- MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport) (http://english.molit.go.kr/intro.do)
Obtaining KC certification mark is a five-step process as below.
1. Verification of test facility
Check test facility for registration of parts manufacturer
2. Manufacturer registration
Registration duty to manufacture, assemble and import certified parts
3. Test and Mark self-certification
Self-test/certify and mark certification
4. Notification and management of components specification
Managed by computer network system
5. Conformity check
Recall action in case of defective components during inspection
Our experts in Korea provide type approval and homologation services to help you meet KC requirements in order to export your automotive products to the Korean market.
Enjoy the following business benefits when you work with TÜV SÜD:
- Save time and money by letting us assess your products for multiple type approval requirements in a single, streamlined process
- Minimise risks by using our services to avoid loss of sales revenue from being denied access to your customers in Korea
- Access the Korean market quickly with the help from our local experts to meet certification requirements ahead of the official deadline
Supported by our global network of testing facilities and homologation experts, we offer a comprehensive range of KC certification services to help you achieve conformity and certify your products according to KC requirements.
- Self-certification support services
- Component testing support
- Post-certification support
TÜV SÜD also provides multi regulation management services, where we help you understand and identify the overlaps and evolving requirements of different regulations so that you can achieve multiple certifications within one project.