Food allergy testing ensures the avoidance of the presence of allergens in "allergen free" food formulation. In addition, it also allows you to stay current with the food laws on declaration of allergens on food labels, and stay abreast with auditing and inspection standards and their requirements of food allergens.
TÜV SÜD is able to test all groups of allergens present in food products. We use both Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) tests and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests. Our services include:
- Gluten in cereals (e.g. barley, oats, rye, wheat)
- Milk and dairy products
- Molluscs (e.g. clams, mussels, oysters, scallops)
- Nuts (e.g. almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, pistachios, walnuts)
- Seafood crustaceans (e.g. crabs, lobsters, prawns)
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphur dioxide and sulphites (at levels above 10mg/kg or 10mg/L)
We also conduct:
- Allergen management training and audits
- Process and product audits (according to customer requirements)
- Supplier audits (to minimise the risk from external sources)
At TÜV SÜD, our independent experts have years of experience of conducting a wide variety of food allergen tests. As such, we are the perfect partner for your business as we can help you mitigate risk and ensure the highest possible quality of your food product through our allergen test services.
All of our food testing services, including our allergy testing services are delivered through our network of highly sophisticated laboratories. These laboratories include technologies, such as Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) test and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test, which allow us to determine the presence of allergens at very low levels.